Description of ALPINE EXPERT LONGThis five-season sleeping bag is designed for tall mountaineering fans and delivers the best protection on expeditions in extreme weather conditions. Expert Series The ALPINE EXPERT LONG is warm and c omfortable thanks to the excellent warmth-to-weight ratio of its down, which traps the air warmed by the body. After being compressed, the down regains its loft. The internal insulated shoulder collar seals heat and stop it migrating towards the head. Then to retain maximum warmth, the INSULATED SHIELD CONSTRUCTION™, a V-chamber baffle build combined with an aluminized film, reflects warmth back towards the body. The 3/4 zipped opening has an anti-cold underflap to block air infiltration. In lab tests, its comfort limit is -11°C and it will cope down to -11°C; but adventurer friends who have tested the Alpine Expert in the field report that it stays efficient at even colder temperatures. However, the Worldroof is still our most protective sleeping bag in the category's extreme conditions. The expedition shape has an elongated 3D build which optimizes space increasing height by adding a side panel that lets you sleep fully clothed. The shell is made of nylon for its abrasion resistance and lightness. It prevent tearing and stops down poking through, while remaining packable and easy to carry. A compression sack protects your bag from dirt and water, and also frees up storage space in your pack. For more than 80 years, MILLET has been committed to designing ever more technical and efficient products. This commitment to you also serves to protect our mountain playground. Because we want the mountains to be beautiful, we limit the environmental impact of our activities. MILLET rates this sleeping bag a Low Impact™ product, through the use of Bluesign® components and Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified duck down, which guarantees the down comes from ethical sources and requires constant monitoring of all production processes (spinning, weaving, dyeing, and finishing) and the materials used in them.
- Duck down fill
- Insulation Shield Construction™: V-tube baffles combined with an aluminized nonwoven film to retain warmth
- Ripstop Nylon shell: tough, lightweight, water-repellent
- 3D build for enhanced loft
- Side 3/4 zip with anti-cold flap
- Preshaped hood with drawcord / Shoulder collar / Inside pocket
- Waterproof compression sack
- Total length: 230 cm
- Shoulder width: 80 cm
- Foot width: 50 cm
- Comfort temperature: from -5°C to -11°C
- Dimensions after packing: 25x20 cm
- Volume after packing: 7L
- Fill Power 700 USA
- Fill : 750 g of 90/10 duck down
- Outside shell : Nylon 30 D 353T RipStop
- Inside lining : Polyester 50D / 300T
- 1,440 kg
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.
The new 3D construction design increases puffiness in order to achieve the maximum thermal insulation.
Anti-cold flap at the closure delivers an extra thermal protection preventing heat loss from inside out.
Fill Power 700
700 fill power (US)
Combining V chamber baffling and an aluminized non-woven material. The thermal barrier created prevents heat loss from the inside to the outside..
V chamber construction creates a thermal barrier that prevents heat loss from inside out without requiring more volume.