Description of Prolighter MXP 60+20A seriously cutting-edge mountaineering backpack. THE weapon of choice to go further, higher, higher still – and maybe even on a MILLET Expedition Project adventure! High in the mountains, every gram counts. The PROLIGHTER MXP 60 is on a mission: to meet all the needs of committed alpinists, but with minimum weight. Developed with the Chamonix Guides Company, it must also be sturdy and reliable. So MILLET packed in all the essentials, but no frills. “We went for precision functions,” says Michèle, product manager. “Ice-axe holder, rope holder, ski holder, bivy pad and storm collar are category must-haves. Large stretch side pockets combined with large carry straps manage part of your gear. Designed for committed mountaineering, this Prolighter has a clean-cut shape and ergonomic design for free-flowing movement.” The carry system is engineered for use with a harness and walking in deep snow, with its raised hip belt. In the high mountains, every gram counts, and every move counts. One central system lets you optimize adjustment. A zip opening on the top third of the pack provides good access to your kit, which will not fall out.
- Expedition shape. Two-buckle lid, extends with quick buckle for high capacity.
- Storm collar with access zip. Double compression strap.
- FPP Ergo™ ice-axe holder / Rope holder / Ski holders
- Stretch pockets / 2 zipped pockets on lid
- Continuous™ shoulder strap build with adjustment mark. Removable raised harness-type hip belt for walking at altitude + integral webbing waist belt + gear holder
- Sternum strap / Load adjuster straps / Bivy pad
- Volume: 60+20L
- Backlength: 46 cm
- Laser Cut
- N 210 D 3 line Honey Comb
- N 1000 D Kodura
- Thermo-moulded Stretch Back
- 1,520 kg
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.
Outer storage system allowing to fasten the sleeping pad ergonomically.
Ice axe holder system with protection sleeves. Compatible with the different ice axes shapes, basic or technical. A functionality needed when mountaineering and /or ice climbing.
Rope holder system allows you to quickly grab or store your rope.
Ergonomic ski holder system allows a vertical or diagonal storage.
Alpine ergonomics enhances freedom of movement. Thermomolded back panel utilizes high density foam in vertical padding creating ventilation channels and X-shaped fiber glass frame, combined with a comfortable stretch shell. Continuous Construction ergonomic shoulder straps and flexible harness-style wraparound hip belt.