For highly technical mountaineering that requires frequent equipment handling, these softshell gloves in WINDSTOPPER® 3L provide extreme precision plus windproof, water-repellent and breathable protection. Extremely supple and cut for action, these mountaineering gloves have very snug-fitting ergonomics to promote dexterity on ascents. Textured leather guarantees superior adherence and high abrasion resistance - suitable for ski touring.Technical information
Close fitting all over the body, and sightly tighter in the lower section for greater streamlining and thus higher performance during exertion. Often used with stretch fabrics for enhanced comfort.
Thermal insulation and constant water repellency. Gore’s latest innovation delivers perfect balance between warmth, comfort and functionality. The nice-feel outer fabric repels water to stay light and reduces wind-related chill. The laminate is extremely breathable, so there is minimal internal condensation. Gore-Tex® Infinium™ offers warmth and protection against the elements all day long, both downtown and up in the mountains.
- ergonomically built for grip
- robust, supple leather palm
- pittards gripster leather reinforced palm for enhanced grip
- closefitting short cuff with velcro tightening tab / protective lycra® inner cuff
- Main Fabrics :GORE WINDSTOPPER® BREEZE 3L // Breathability RET < 6 m²Pa/W // 100% POLYESTER
- Other fabrics : GOAT SKIN LEATHER // 100% GOAT SKIN //
- Reinforcement : PITTARDS® OIL TAC LEATHER // 100% LEATHER //
- 120 g
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.