This expedition boots is the long-standing benchmark for scaling the highest summits. Technically pre-eminent with its absolutely protective and thermal design. Dedicated to the vertical realm and resistant to the most extreme conditions. The iconic EVEREST SUMMIT GTX is the benchmark for expeditions beyond 8,000 meters. This boot of records and superlatives, of handmade Italian quality, has played a major role in the history of mountaineering – and maybe will in your story too, thanks to its universal fit, which convinces all feet. Yannick Graziani wore this model when scaling the south face of Annapurna: it protected him from the biting cold of this inhospitable wall and the irreversible effects of frostbite. This fiveseason product is designed for extreme winters and expeditions at very high altitude. Guaranteeing protection down to 60°C, the EVEREST SUMMIT GTX is the boot most widely used for offthescale trips thanks to its ample interior, giving highly accessible fit. No need to have a slim foot to benefit from its excellent performancetoprecision ratio. A boot ready to step into any faraway adventure but above all, the adventures you invent for it.Properties
MIL-Made in Europe
- Thermal construction: outer boot + shell + innerboot isothermal to -60°C
- Precise fit crampon-compatible rigid plantar support
- Waterproof gaiter anti-perforation upper zip closure with reflective velcro overflap
- Armour Edge fabric on medial to protect from crampon damage
- Strong insulated inner shell Easy-Quick lacing
- High thermal efficiency inner boot insulated insole
- Lightweight precise mountaineering outsole
- Gore-Tex® membrane Main Fabrics :
- Outsole Vibram® MARMOLADA LIGHT Other fabrics :
- EVA dual density Midsole Membrane :
- Aerogel insulation
- Back height : cm
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.