Technical protective jacket for mountaineering in Gore-Tex® Pro: breathable, flexible, and high abrasion resistance, with Cordura® reinforced shoulders. Durable protection against adverse weather, to promote alpine performance. A quintessential alpine identity plus the efficiency of a lightweight, compact, clean-cut technical style, this is THE pacesetting protective jacket for mountaineering, epitomizing MILLET's expertise. In committing situations, it offers powerful GORE-TEX® PRO® Pegase 3L, which acts as a total barrier against the most abrasive surfaces and for protection in the most extreme weather conditions, in a super-light design. With a waffled interior for greater robustness, and high breathability, the K GTX PRO JKT plays an active role in the challenge of the ascent, reinforced by tone-on-tone CORDURA® shoulders to durably withstand repeated rubbing by backpack shoulder straps and ropes. Its sport ergonomics erase all mobility constraints so you stay focused on essentials. For performance, it delivers technical functionality: 3 pockets, vents, technical hood compatible with mountaineering helmet, and double-slider main zip for easy harness access.Properties
GORE-TEX® products made garments are durably waterproof, windproof and highly breathable. Highly resistant, it offers maximum comfort and protection. There is a variety of materials and weaves among the GORE-TEX® family.
Close fitting all over the body, and sightly tighter in the lower section for greater streamlining and thus higher performance during exertion. Often used with stretch fabrics for enhanced comfort.
Cordura is a must in terms of fabric reinforcement, due to its tight weave. It is highly resistant to wear and tear, abrasion and scuff. Perfect for intense outdoor activities. It is used in large volume bags and packs as well as added reinforcement.
Dual Tech construction
The combination of complementary materials in a manner that maximizes the benefits of each and enhances the functionality of the product, for an improved abrasion resistance, mobility and moisture management.
LOW IMPACT is a unique standard based on two essential eco-design criteria : eco-friendly material (at least 40% of the product weight must use eco-friendly material), and certifications (at least 80% of the product weight must be BLUESIGN® approved).
Made in our own factories
This product was designed in our Annecy studio and is manufactured in one of our factories, ensuring healthy working conditions and social benefits for the employees that made it.
- Mountaineering hood: helmet-compatible, adjustable, protective visor, panoramic vision
- '-2 large, harness-compatible handwarmer pockets and 1 quick-access pocket, all zipped
- '-Pit zip vents
- '-Double-slider zip closure, adjustable hem and cuffs
- '-Zipped i
- Main Fabrics :GORE-TEX® PRO PEGASE 3L // Waterproofness 2800mm - Breathability RET < 6 m²Pa/W // 100% POLYAMIDE
- Reinforcement : CENTURION™ CORDURA® // 70% POLYESTER 30% CORDURA®
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.