Description of MATRIX 30 MBSThe epitome of ski touring, this 30L backpack carries your full gear load on multi-day ski raids and super-committing ascents. Comfortable carrying, quick handing and breathability - this lightweight and robust pack fuses with the body, courtesy of the exclusive MBS™ swivel hip belt that frees up movement to the max. With the strong design decision of a diagonal ski holder for easier climbs, this ski touring pack offers a shovel/probe compartment, dedicated pockets for skins and crampons, a rope holder, and a removable helmet holder. The intuitive ice-axe holder with one-handed deployment, unique to the MATRIX packs, optimizes safety on slopes (straight up and zig-zag).
- Ski touring
- Asymmetric alpine shape. Single-buckle asymmetric lid
- Diagonal Ski™ carry system / Side crampon pocket
- Removable helmet holder / Quick Axe™ ice-axe holder / Rope holder / Compression straps / Load adjuster straps
- Storm collar / Shovel and probe sleeves / Hydration pocket / 2 zipped pockets / Pocket on hip belt
- Sternum strap / Hip belt with buckle
- Volume: 30L
- Backlength: 46 cm
- NYLON 420 D VELOCITY
- NYLON 210 D HT JIN RIP
- 1270 gr
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.
Inner or outer compartment allows to store soft hydration bladder (2L max.). Hose hole and holder on the built-in straps.
Built-in ice axe holder system allows you to quickly grab or store your gear with an ergonomic positioning of the axe: head towards the top and shaft ready to be gripped. Compatible with the different ice axes shapes, basic or technical. A functionality needed when mountaineering and /or ice climbing.
Mobility Back System
A hip belt that swivels on a raised axle brings an additional level of articulation for enhanced mobility. The backpack follows the pelvis movement and facilitates the flow for an optimal comfort.
The « Rescue Pocket » ensure quick access to your avalanche safety gear so that you can grab your shovel and probe fast when needed.
Ergonomic ski holder system allows a vertical or diagonal storage.