Description of NEO 25+5On this type of highly technical product, selecting materials is a painstaking process. The Neo, for example, is built from three different fabrics. A thick fabric for the highly exposed sections (the bottom, in particular); a lighter fabric in the mid section; and a very lightweight one for the top section. “With this gradient,” explains Antoine, backpacks product manager, “we aimed to optimize weight in line with the need for protection, to achieve the greatest possible durability.” Yet the Neo’s mountain look clearly sets the tone: it will be carried on ascents, so the back system’s breathability is another priority.
- Ski touring
- Skiing body with zip closure and capacity extension collar
- Rescue Pocket™ dedicated to shovel and probe
- Diagonal front ski holder / Snowboard holder / Quick Axe™ ice-axe holder / Compression straps / Load adjuster straps
- Hydration pocket / Zipped inside pocket + key ring / Zipped outside stretch pocket / Pocket on hip belt
- Sternum strap / Hip belt with buckle
- Volume: 25+5L
- Backlength: 48 cm
- NYLON 420 D VELOCITY
- NYLON 210 D HT JIN RIP
- NYLON 70 D 230T TRIPLE R/S
- 980 gr
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.
Inner or outer compartment allows to store soft hydration bladder (2L max.). Hose hole and holder on the built-in straps.
Built-in ice axe holder system allows you to quickly grab or store your gear with an ergonomic positioning of the axe: head towards the top and shaft ready to be gripped. Compatible with the different ice axes shapes, basic or technical. A functionality needed when mountaineering and /or ice climbing.
The « Rescue Pocket » ensure quick access to your avalanche safety gear so that you can grab your shovel and probe fast when needed.
Ergonomic ski holder system allows a vertical or diagonal storage.