This light and soft action shell pant, the TOURING SHIELD PANT, made of POLARTEC® POWERSHIELD® STRETCH features a streamlined design perfectly suited to the free touring adept. Its high breathable quality and strategically positioned single layer XCS 100™ soft shell inserts provide temperature regulation to temper the heat during the ascent. Water-repellent and highly resistant, the 3 layer construction featuring a windproof membrane and brushed polar fleece inner face will provide a subtle warmth and wick moisture away, keeping you dry down the hill. Thus, you will be able to get into a high level of exertion without getting cold after the effort. You will appreciate the quick turn over from uphill to downhill. Two gaiter openings, one at the side and one at the back, allow an easy access to your ski boots and a quick switch.Properties
Dual Tech construction
The combination of complementary materials in a manner that maximizes the benefits of each and enhances the functionality of the product, for an improved abrasion resistance, mobility and moisture management.
Millet's Element Shield® fabrics belong to a range of windproof products that will also protect you from light rain. These items are ideal for outdoor activities, thanks to their 3-layer structure with membrane.
LOW IMPACT is a unique standard based on two essential eco-design criteria : eco-friendly material (at least 40% of the product weight must use eco-friendly material), and certifications (at least 80% of the product weight must be BLUESIGN® approved).
Known for its abrasion resistance properties, XCS100™ is perfectly adapted to the vertical world. With a 4-way stretch, two-sided high density nylon structure and durable water repellant, it is comfortable, moisture wicking, water resistant and perfect for the mountain!
- Dual Tech™ build for insulation and stretch
- Large side zip vents with mesh
- 2 handwarmer pockets and 1 zipped back pocket
- Comfortable elastic waist
- Easy access for ski boots
- Hi-vis markings
- Fabrics : ELEMENT SHIELD™ GRID STRETCH // 86% RECYCLED POLYESTER 14% ELASTANE
- Fabrics : X.C.S. 100™ // 88% POLYAMIDE 12% ELASTANE
- Reinforcement : STRETCH HARDTEX™ // 93% POLYAMIDE 7% ELASTANE
- 520 gr
- Ski touring
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.