At the coldest point in the season, when warmth becomes vital for mountaineers, the new TRILOGY ULTIMATE DOWN JKT deploys the thermal excellence of natural goose down to combat extreme temperatures. In its special expedition-derived baffled build, the insulation chambers overlap to prevent thermal bridges. At base camps or bivouacs, hydrophobic treated K-DRY™ DOWN provides consistently high warmth, even in wet conditions. Lightweight and snag-resistant with its new PERTEX® DIAMOND shell, it offers optimal ergonomics and maximum compressibility.Properties
Close fitting all over the body, and sightly tighter in the lower section for greater streamlining and thus higher performance during exertion. Often used with stretch fabrics for enhanced comfort.
Duck or goose down fill is warm and highly compressible, efficiently retaining the heat given off by the body. The down carries the RDS label, meaning it is traceable and also plucked with the animal's welfare in mind.
K Dry Down
K Dry® Down has a water-repellent finish, so it does not absorb water and remains very light. The finish is PFC Free, to be environmentally kinder, and the RDS label guarantees the animals' welfare.
LOW IMPACT is a unique standard based on two essential eco-design criteria : eco-friendly material (at least 40% of the product weight must use eco-friendly material), and certifications (at least 80% of the product weight must be BLUESIGN® approved).
Pertex Quantum / Quantum Pro
Pertex Quantum and Quantum Pro fabrics are lightweight and packable. Their ripstop structures offer high abrasion resistance, which is even higher in the Pro range. Their water-repellent finish protects wearers against wind and light rain.
Responsible Down Standard
The RDS ensures that down and feathers come from ducks and geese that have been treated well. This means enabling them to live healthy lives, express innate behaviors, and not suffer from pain, fear or distress. The standard also follows the chain of custody from farm to product.
- Mountaineering hood: helmet-compatible, adjustable, panoramic vision
- 2 wide zipped, quick-access chest pockets
- 2 large handwarmer pockets
- Double-slider zip closure, adjustable hem, close-fitting cuffs
- Large inside mesh pockets for stashing
- Fabrics : PERTEX® DIAMOND // // 100% POLYAMIDE
- Insulation : K DRY™ GOOSE DOWN RDS FP 800 // Fill Power 800 // 100% GOOSE DOWN
- Lining : PERTEX® PLAIN // // 100% POLYAMIDE
- 601 gr
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.