“We wanted to optimize the quality of the foams and focus on load balancing,” explains Michèle, product manager. During development, the UBIC 40 LD was tested by the female mountain leaders of the Chamonix Guides Company. They liked its functions, which enable summer and winter use – hiking and snowshoeing. The Ubic was designed for versatility. “The idea was to seek an innovative, modular system for carrying any alpine equipment item,” adds the backpacks chief. “Personally, I'm a fan of this Variloop™™ system for fastening snowshoes or skis. I also like its snug, wraparound, well-padded hip belt, covered with 3D mesh, and the double pack-base compartment. It will also hit the spot with its efficient load adjustment and modern personality, tailored to adventures, treks, hikes and snowshoe excursions." People dig its distinctive looks.Properties
Foam Lighter back
Delivering the comfort your need in your alpine adventures. Thermomolded high density foam back structure, with a comfortable and breathable stretch 3D mesh shell and X-shaped fiber glass frame. Continuous Construction ergonomic shoulder straps and wraparound hip belt. 4-size adjustment system for high-capacity packs.
A "lady" specific back is designed to fit the female anatomy: shorter back length, shoulders and chest shapes and hip width have been tailored.
Built-in rain cover. In case of rainfall, it is quickly installed and attached over your bag so you can't lose it! 100% waterproof.
Size adjustment system at back panel using straps. Compatible with carrying year-round alpine and camping gear: skis, ice axes, poles, snowshoes, tent, sleeping pad...
- Streamlined mountain body. Female ergonomics. Two-buckle lid, storm collar, compression strap
- Zipped pack-base compartment
- Zipped front stretch pocket / Side stretch pocket / Zipped, gusseted side pocket / 2 zipped pockets
- Variloop System™ compatible with carrying all alpine and base-camp equipment / External gear holders / Pack base straps
- Hydration compatible / Rain cover
- Padded shoulder straps, load adjuster straps, sternum strap, hand rest straps. Padded hip belt with zipped pockets
- Volume : 40L
- Backlength : 40 cm
- Main fabrics :N/210D HONEYCOMB 3LINE // DWR // 100% POLYAMIDE
- Other fabrics : N/420D(SD) HD OXFORD // DWR // 100% POLYAMIDE
- Other fabrics : P/1200D // DWR // 100% POLYESTER
- Other fabrics : N/140D 2 WAY SPAN TWILL(KELAS) // DWR // 80% POLYAMIDE 20% ELASTANE
- 1280 gr
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.