Description of WORLDROOF“This sleeping bag, intended primarily for expeditions, will be your faithful companion in the harshest conditions,” advises Antoine, product manager. “In lab tests, its comfort limit was -16°C based on the latest standards. But we know from expedition feedback that the WORLDROOF stays comfortable in far more intense cold.” The causes? Ultra-high-quality goose down that fills the top section of the bag, plus DOWNTEK™-treated duck down which fills the rest – bottom section, foot and head. Naturally, down stops insulating once it’s wet, but DOWNTEK™ technology works round the problem: once treated, the down has excellent hydrophobic properties, so it keeps all its thermal capacity. We like the dimensions of this bag, which has a specific shape designed for expeditions: it’s longer, so you can sleep fully-clothed and keep gear dry and warm at your feet. Did you know? There are 3 types of insulation for sleeping bags: down, synthetic and composite. Down offers an unrivaled lightness-to-warmth ratio: weight for weight, it provides most heat; and though highly compactable, down regains its volume. In the insulation game, volume is key. "Loft traps most air." And that's good, because air is what protects us from the cold!
- Wider expedition shape, to sleep clothed with your gear
- K DRY™ hydrophobic goose down fill
- Ripstop Nylon shell: tough, lightweight, water-repellent
- 3D build for enhanced loft
- Side half zip with double anti-cold flap
- Preshaped hood with drawcord / Shoulder collar / Inside pocket
- Waterproof compression sack
- Total length: 225 cm
- Shoulder width: 85 cm
- Foot width: 50 cm
- Comfort temperature: from -12°C to -20°C
- Dimensions after packing: 26x23 cm
- Volume after packing: 11L
- Fill Power 800 USA
- Fill : 1000 g of 90/10 goose down K DRY™ treated
- Outside shell : Nylon 30 D 353T RipStop
- Inside lining : Nylon 30 D 353T RipStop
- 1.608 kg
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.
The new 3D construction design increases puffiness in order to achieve the maximum thermal insulation.
Anti-cold flap at the closure delivers an extra thermal protection preventing heat loss from inside out.
H chamber construction is the classic and more comfortable design. It allows to compromise between thermal insulation and compressibility.
K Dry Down
K Dry water-repellent treatment, based out of polymer, creates a completely waterproof barrier. The down will keep its lightweight and warmth retention properties. K Dry down offers thermal protection in the foulest weather.
MILLET is committed to the protection of the vertical world and thus, created the «Low impact™» label for all its products made of natural and recycled fibers. It is our environmental commitment to make sustainable, quality products.