When climbing towards the summit at a fast pace, you need strategic thermal protection which doesn’t hinder your range of movement while allowing moisture transfer. The EXTREME RUTOR ALPHA touring ski vest provides the insulation of its POLARTEC® ALPHA fleece, lined with water-repellent TORAY® ripstop on the upper body. Specific panels on the sides with a honeycomb structure promote outstanding breathability when you are on the move. A high collar protects your neck, while the full zip lends additional ventilation.Technical information
Made in our own factory
This product was designed in our Annecy studio and is manufactured in one of our factories, ensuring healthy working conditions and social benefits for the employees that made it.
Polartec Alpha fabrics are built for intense activities and deliver high performance insulation. A Polartec Alpha garment can be worn in a layering system, for insulation, and as stand-alone piece, as it allows outstanding breathability, comfort and is quick drying. It is perfect for mountaineering, ski and ice climbing.
Toray Airtastic® fabrics are extremely lightweight and resistant to abrasion. The resulting highly packable products will be your companion during active outdoor pastimes such as ski touring and hiking.
- Fitted cut
- 2 large chest pockets for rapid storage of skins
- Central zipped fastening
- Elasticated bias finish at hem
- Reflective marking
- Protective collar
- Bodymapped two-material construction
- Main Fabrics : TORAY® AIR STRETCH RIP STOP // 100% Polyamide // DWR Water-repellent treatment PFC Free
- Other fabrics : HONEYCOMB DENSITY KNIT // 88% Polyester - 12% Elastane // 4 way Stretch
- Insulation : POLARTEC® ALPHA 80 // 100% Recycled Polyester
- 260 g
- Ski touring
Millet products are not just designed to last, they are also easy to maintain. Careful use and regular upkeep will guarantee the best results out of your products and will extend their life.
In case of doubt, always refer to the instructions written on the label of your product.
SHOES AND CLIMBING SHOES
- Millet shoes should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your shoes into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done naturally.
- Millet backpacks should be washed in water and by hand using a soft brush or a sponge.
- Above all, never put your backpack into either a washing machine or a dryer.
- Drying should be done in the open air.
- Caring for a rope is critical in order to guarantee optimal safety when it is used.
- To wash a rope, it is necessary to use clean, warm water (temperature less than 30°C) and a non-aggressive detergent (such as a liquid Marseille soap-type detergent or a detergent for delicate textiles). If necessary, brush it with a soft brush.
- Drying should be done in the shade and away from any source of heat.
- Store your rope in a dry place, out of the reach of the sun.
- Air out your Millet sleeping bag regularly to give it back a bit of freshness and to make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it away.
- For sleeping bags that do not contain down, general washing and drying instructions apply.
- For sleeping bags that do contain down, please see the section “Products Containing Down,” below.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING DOWN
- When dealing with products containing down (100% or hybrid), machine washing is done using a delicate program with a special down detergent or a non-aggressive detergent, along with tennis balls placed in the wash to prevent the down from sticking together. If there is too much detergent left over, run the rinsing program again by itself. Do not put the product through the washing machine's spin cycle.
- Drying may be done flat in the open air, turning over the product regularly to dry it well, or in a tumble dryer on a delicate program.
- Millet clothing must be machine washed at 30°C, and machine dried using a low-temperature program. To guarantee optimal washing without degrading the product, close up all velcro closures, snap fastenings and zippers, and loosen elastic drawstrings before putting clothing in the machine.
CLOTHING WITH WATERPROOF MATERIALS
- This is the case particularly for the following materials: Gore-Tex, Polartec Neoshell, Dryedge, Windstopper, Element Shield
- After closing the velcro fastenings, zippers and snap fastenings, wash your product at 30°C with a bit of non-aggressive detergent or a special detergent for waterproof materials. If there is too much detergent left over, run a rinsing program again by itself. Drying should be done in the open air or in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
- It is possible to use a specific product to re-waterproof your product or to give it back water repellency.
1CHESTMeasure around the chest horizontally at the widest point
US SIZE1Chest (cm) XS S 91/97 M 97/103 L 103/109 XL 109/115 2XL 115/121 3XL 121/127